November 23, 2010

Crofton Christmas Ornaments - My Newest Little Treasures

Did you know that the Crofton Kiwanis Club sells an annual Crofton inspired Christmas tree ornament and that each year’s ornament honors some Crofton icon or event?   I sure didn't.  Now that I know, I wish I had learned about them sooner.  I just plain love these little holiday decorations based on Crofton.


The 2010 design honors the Village Green and is gold with a colorful cloisonné overlay.  The ornaments remind me a bit of the official White House Christmas ornaments which my parents have faithfully collected for their tree since the early 1980’s.

Forget sugarplums, when I saw a photograph of the Village Green ornament visions of a Crofton themed Christmas tree started dancing in my head.  How had these little treasures escaped my notice before?  How many did I miss?  Can I still get one?  I searched the Kiwanis website to learn that I had missed out on 12 years worth of ornaments. The 2010 Village Green ornament is the club's 13th annual ornament.  Argh! But all was not lost.  Upon inquiring of Marne Fallon, Crofton Kiwanis Ornament Chair, who manages the design and sale of the ornaments each year, I was informed that the 2010 ornament is still available as are some back years in limited quantities.

The Crofton Kiwanis Club started selling Crofton Christmas ornaments in 1998 and has offered a new design every year since.  The theme of each ornament is as follows:

1998 – Crofton Gate
1999 – Baptist Church
2000 – Sly Horse Tavern
2001 – Lake Louise
2002 – Crofton Country Club
2003 – Santa Cruise *Original sold out, Reissued as a cloisonné overlay limited edition
2004 – Crofton 40th Anniversary Gate
2005 – Linthicum Walks

2006 – Crofton Parkway Cherry Trees in Bloom
2007 - Holiday Tree Lighting
2008 – Barbara and Thomas Swann Park
2009 – Town Hall
2010 – Village Green

So, after learning all of this what did I do?  What do you think? I ordered one of each available ornament of course. I am so excited, there will be a Crofton Christmas tree at my house this year after all.  Hoorah!

For more information about the Crofton Christmas ornaments and how to contact Marnie Fallon visit the Crofton Kiwanis website and check out the Fundraisers tab for a link to information on and photos of the ornaments.


No comments:

Post a Comment